CPR 604 – Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed
- CPR 604 Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed is a seamless, protective and chemical resistant screed. Typically used for thin section screeds and renders for food factories, dairies, abattoirs, plating ships, hospitals, sugar refineries, breweries, chemical bunds, plating shops, etc.
£112.50 Excl VAT
Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed
CPR 604 Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed is a three pack Epoxy Resin based screed/render designed for application at 4-6mm thicknesses. The product comprises a BASE component, a CURING AGENT component and a specially graded AGGREGATE component.
The screed is easy to apply and does not stick to the trowel, is non-dusting, chemical and abrasion resistant, non-slip in nature and may be rapidly opened to traffic.
- Highly durable
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Easily maintained
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low odour
Directions for Use
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- The concrete shall then be prepared by grit blasting, mechanical scabbling, or similar, to produce a clean, exposed aggregate finish, free from dust, dirt, oil, grease, laitance and other contaminants.
- Old concrete shall be mechanically prepared to remove all contaminants.
- Defective concrete shall be removed, cutting back to sound substrate and patch repairs may be carried out as required.
- The use of mechanical, forced action mixer such as a Creteangle, is strongly recommended.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and mix thoroughly.
- The mixed resins shall be poured into a mixing vessel, (Creteangle bucket or similar), and the AGGREGATE added steadily whilst the mixer is in motion.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- Apply a coat of CPR 410 – Acid Resistant Epoxy Concrete Primer to the prepared surface at a a rate of 3.3 to 5.0 m²/kg (depending upon surface texture).
- Within 90 minutes of the primer application, CPR 604 Acid Resistant Screed – Epoxy HB shall be applied.
- Lay the material, utilising screeding bars or screed box, ensuring good compaction, and finish with a stainless steel or chemically resistant plastic float.
- For chemical resistant applications it is necessary to seal CPR 604 Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed with a minimum of two coats of CPR 602 Acid Resistant Epoxy Paint . Please refer to the CPR 602 Acid Resistant Epoxy Paint data sheet for application details.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 12 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 36 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Curing will be slower at lower temperatures.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low temperature storage prior to use of the material.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 604 Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 604 Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed is supplied in 25kg packs.
- 1.9m² per pack @ 6mm thickness
- 2.8m² per pack @ 4mm thick
- Colour: Light grey (BS4800 or RAL colours can also be supplied)
- Density: 2.2kg/litre
- Volume yield: 11.4 litres per pack
- Coverage: 1.9m² @ 6mm thickness
- Pot Life: 40 minutes @ 20°C
- Compressive strength: 75 MPa after 7 days
- Taber Abrasion Resistance: 80 mg weight loss per 1,000 cycle test (CS17 abrasive wheels)
- Water Absorption: <0.1% by weight after 7 days immersion
- Maximum Service Temperature: 70°C (continuous); 90°C (intermittent)
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to a wide range of industrial chemicals.
- Please consult our technical section for specific advice.
- Do not apply to wet, uncured or contaminated surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 2°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 604 Acid Resistant Epoxy Screed shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Light Grey (RAL 7035)