CPR 704 – Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed
- CPR 704 Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed is used as a decorative, hygienic, and durable floor screed where aesthetics are an important consideration e.g. food production, electronic and engineering industries, printing, pharmaceutical production, hospitals, etc.
£120.00 Excl VAT
Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed
CPR 704 – Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed is a three component, multicoloured Quartz-based Epoxy Resin floor system. It provides a hard wearing, non-slip, chemical resistant floor topping of aesthetically pleasing appearance. An attractive standard range of colour mixes exist, although individual designs can be custom made.
- Very good chemical resistance
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Slip resistant
- Unlimited number of colour possibilities
Surface Preparations Concrete
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes, etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 719 Concrete Patch Repair Mortar.
- Suitable mechanical treatment, such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensure a mechanical ‘key’ which will optimise adhesion.
Surface Preparations Steel
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish standard.
- All dust shall be removed prior to coating application. A coat of CPR 410 Metal Primer – Epoxy WB shall be applied as soon as practicable after blasting, in order to obviate the possible occurrence of ‘flash rusting’.
- Concrete surfaces shall be primed with a coat of CPR 403 Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB applied by brush, roller, or airless spray, at the nominal rate of 0.25kg/m².
- Long nap lambswool rollers are recommended for primer application.
- Allow primer to cure for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Steel surfaces shall be primed with CPR 410 Metal Primer – Epoxy WB (see Surface Preparations above).
- CPR 704 – Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed is supplied as a three pack material consisting of; the RESIN component, the CURING AGENT component, and the COLOURED QUARTZ component.
- Add the CURING AGENT component to the RESIN component and mix thoroughly, preferably by mechanical means for a minimum of 2 minutes.
- Pour the contents into a mixing vessel, and add the COLOURED QUARTZ component whilst stirring.
- A low speed drill with paddle attachment may be used, or else a forced action mixer e.g. Creteangle type.
- Spread the CPR 704 – Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed to the desired thickness, and trowel finish.
- The application of a clear sealer is recommended to reduce tendency towards staining and dirt pick up, and thereby ensure optimum ease of cleaning: Apply 1 coat of CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer, single pack, water-based polyurethane sealer at a nominal rate of 0.15litres/m². CPR 902 PU Screed Sealer will provide a satin or matt finish.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 10 hours @ 20°C prior to overcoating or light foot traffic access 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Curing will be slower at lower temperatures and faster at higher temperatures.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- A 25kg pack is sufficient to cover an area of 2m² at a thickness of 6mm.
- Colours: range
- Pot Life: 50 – 60 minutes @ 20°C
- Thickness: minimum 4mm, maximum 6mm
- Compressive strength: 65 N/mm²
- Flexural strength: 30N/mm²
- Temperature range: during application, 3°C to 30°C
- Temperature range: in service, -20°C to + 60°C
- Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils and fruit juices.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- All products shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C and out of direct sunlight.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage areas should be provided.
- Keep containers tightly closed when not in use.
- CPR 704 – Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 704 – Coloured Quartz Epoxy Screed is supplied in 25kg packs.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.