CPR 921 – Pipe Leak Repair Kit (1″/25mm)
- Emergency Pipe Repairs
- Permanent pipe repairs
£27.50 Excl VAT
Pipe Leak Repair Kit (No Pressure) Pipe Leak Repair on pipes up to 1″/ 25mm
CPR 921 – Pipe Leak Repair Kit is a fast cure pipe repair system intended for use on leaking metal or plastic pipes where the internal pipe pressure can be reduced/ stopped – a ‘no pressure repair’. The pipe leak kit is easy and quick to use and will cure in as little as 30 minutes, allowing a fast return to service.
CPR 921 Pipe Repair kit includes
- Safely gloves (MUST BE WORN)
- A strip of emery tape to remove any surface contamination and scale.
- An alcohol wipe to degrease the repair area to ensure the surface area is clean.
- An Epoxy Repair Putty Stick which is hand mixed and moulded to the leak area to stop the leak.
- A water activated pipe repair bandage which is used to complete the repair.
Direction for Use
- Prepare the pipe surface using the emery tape, abrade the pipe around its full circumference for best results.
- After the surface has been roughened, continue to prepare the pipe by removing any dust, grease or oil with the alcoholic wipe included in the kit.
- Using the protective nitrile gloves included in the kit, remove the putty stick from the protective film and knead the putty until it has a uniform grey colour.
- Apply the putty directly over the hole or crack and press down firmly for 30 -40 seconds.
- Leave the Epoxy Repair Putty to cure for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the pipe repair bandage from the foil pouch and immerse the bandage in water for a few seconds, gently squeezing the roll as you do this to begin to activate the resins.
- Place the bandage over the putty and begin to wrap the pipe.
- Pull the repair bandage is as tight as possible and try to maintain this tension evenly whilst wrapping around the pipe, overlapping the bandage approximately 50mm either side of the hole or crack as you go and ensuring the repair area is completely covered.
- Continue wrapping unit all the Pipe Repair Bandage is used.
- Once complete, the pipe repair bandage will start to fizz and bubble, this is normal.
- Massage the wrapped pipe area using wet gloves and continue to massage for approximately 5 minutes until the repair is smooth and has stopped fizzing/ bubbling.
- Allow the repair to cure for a minimum of 30 minutes – for best results leave for 2 hours.
- Do not open the repair bandage foil pouch before you are ready to use it as this can cause it to ‘cure’.
- If using multiple bandages these should applied consecutively at the time of conducting the repair and before massaging the repair.
- Coverage is dependent on pipe repair, pipe diameter and leak pressure.
- Pressure resistance from 150 – 400psi ( Dependent on wrap thickness)
- Adhesion Mild Steel: 14Mpa (2,000 psi)
- Tensile strength: ASTM D6382 (2,740 psi)
- Temperature Resistance: 270°C
- Excellent resistance to dilute acids, dilute alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, raw sewage etc.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- All products shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- The product has a 2-year shelf life from the date of manufacture when stored in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight and at temperatures between 5°C and 28°C.
- CPR 921 should be stored in original, unopened foil pouch in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 921 – is supplied in boxed kits which include; nitrile gloves, abrasion emery tape, de-greaser wipe, putty stick, pipe repair bandage and application instructions leaflet.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Carmine Red (RAL 3002), Iron Grey ( RAL 7011), Leaf Green ( RAL 6002), Light Grey (RAL 7035), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Signal White (RAL 9003), Silver Grey (Ral 7001), Sky Blue (RAL 5015)