CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive
- CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive is a versatile Epoxy paste adhesive being particularly suitable for all general purpose bonding operations. CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive CPR 702 may also be used for thin section concrete repairs.
£30.00 – £78.00 Excl VAT
Epoxy Bonding Adhesive
CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive is a thixotropic, solvent free Epoxy adhesive ideal for bonding a wide range of building materials to one another e.g. concrete, brick, metal, stone and wood. CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive has a high level of mechanical integrity and exhibits excellent bonding characteristics even under damp conditions. CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive is easy to mix and apply and requires no primer.
- Colour coded components to ensure correct mixing
- Excellent adhesion to most building materials
- Bonds to damp substrates
- Low odour
- Thixotropic nature facilitates application in both vertical and overhead locations
- Very good chemical properties and cohesive strength
- Resistant to water, weathering and a wide range of chemicals
- No primer required
- Creep resistant
Directions for Use
- Concrete substrates shall be sound, clean and free from dust, dirt, grease, oils, laitance and other contaminants.
- A roughened or profiled surface will ensure optimum adhesion.
- Mild steel and other metallic substrates shall be degreased, power wire brushed or grit blasted and vacuumed free from dust.
- Other substrates shall be sound, clean and free from dust, dirt, grease, oil and any oxidised surface layer.
- The Base and Curing Agent components shall be thoroughly mixed together using a stiff spatula or a slow speed drill with paddle attachment until a uniform grey mixture has been produced.
- The application of CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive is best achieved using a spatula, trowel, serrated trowel or stiff bristled brush depending on the area to be treated.
Bonding Surfaces Together
- CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive shall be applied to each of the two surfaces to be bonded.
- The surfaces are then pushed together to achieve the required bond thickness.
- Excess adhesive should be removed and the joint protected from movement until the resin has set.
- Scrape or ‘knife in’ the CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive and finish with trowel, palette knife or spatula.
- Note: For more inaccessible areas, CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive may be placed into empty cartridges and injected/‘gunned’ into place using a standard sealant gun.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive will be hard dry following 10-12 hours cure @ 20°C.
- At higher temperatures this period will be reduced and at lower temperatures this period will be increased.
- Allow 7 days for optimum mechanical properties and full chemical resistance.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Protect from frost.
- CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive is supplied in 1kg, 2kg and 5kg packs
- Dependent on application
- Pot life @ 20C: 50 Minutes
- Colour: Light Grey
- Specific Gravity: 1.5g/cm³
- Compressive Strength: 40MPa (1 day @ 20°C)
- 75MPa (7 days @ 20°C)
- Tensile Strength: 18MPa
- Moisture resistance: <0.4% increase @ 28 days
- (BS 6319: part 8)
- Lap Shear Strength to grit blasted steel: 14MPa²
- Shrinkage on curing: Negligible
- Hold up: >15mm
- Application temperature range: 3°C-30°C
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
1kg, 2kg, 5kg
Light Grey (RAL 7035)