CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure
- CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure is seamless protective, and decorative, thin section screed for food factories, dairies, abattoirs, plating shops, hospitals, sugar refineries, breweries, chemical bunds, etc.
£97.50 Excl VAT
Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure
CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure, is a three pack Epoxy Resin based floor screed designed for application at 4-6mm thickness. CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure comprises a BASE component, a CURING AGENT component and a specially graded AGGREGATE component. CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure is easy to apply and does not stick to the trowel.
CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure is non-dusting, chemical and abrasion resistant, non-slip in nature and may be rapidly opened to traffic.
- Fast Curing
- Highly durable
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Easily maintained
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Low odour
Directions for Use
Surface Preparation Concrete
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- The floor shall then be mechanically prepared by shot blasting, mechanical scabbling, or similar, to produce a clean, exposed aggregate finish, free from dust, dirt, oil, grease, laitance and other contaminants.
- Old concrete shall be mechanically prepared to remove all contaminants.
- Defective concrete shall be removed, cutting back to sound substrate.
- The use of a mechanical, forced action mixer such as a Creteangle, is strongly recommended.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and mix thoroughly.
- The mixed resins shall be poured into a mixing vessel, (Creteangle bucket or similar), and the AGGREGATE added steadily whilst the mixer is in motion.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until a uniform material is achieved.
- Apply a coat of CPR 402 – Concrete Primer – Epoxy WB – Rapid Cure, to the prepared surface at a rate of 3.5 to 7.0 m²/kg (depending upon surface texture).
- Within 60 minutes of the primer application, CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure may be applied; i.e. whilst the primer is still ‘tacky’.
- Lay the material, utilising screeding bars or screed box, ensuring good compaction, and finish with a stainless steel or chemically resistant plastic float.
- The application of a clear sealer is recommended to reduce tendency towards staining and dirt pick cup, and thereby ensure optimum ease of cleaning.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of CPR 902 – PU Screed Sealer at a nominal rate of 0.15litres/m² per coat. (Please refer to Resbuild Screedseal product data sheet).
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the screed.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 4 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 10 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 5 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Curing will be slower at lower temperatures.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low temperature storage prior to use of the material.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure is supplied in 25kg packs.
- A 25kg pack yields 12 litres of material, sufficient for an area of 3.0m² @ 4mm thickness.
- Colour: Light grey (BS4800 or RAL colours can also be supplied).
- Density: 2.08kg/litre.
- Volume yield: 12.0 litres per pack.
- Coverage: 2.0m² @ 6mm thickness.
- Pot Life: 30 minutes @ 20°C.
- Compressive strength: 78 MPa after 7 days.
- Flexural strength: 26 MPa.
- Tensile strength: 11.4 MPa.
- Taber Abrasion Resistance: 80 mg weight loss per 1,000 cycle test (CS17 abrasive wheels).
- Water Absorption: <0.1% by weight after 7 days immersion.
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to a wide range of industrial chemicals.
- Please consult our Technical Team for specific advice.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 715 – Epoxy Screed – Rapid Cure shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.