CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler
- CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler is used to seal floor joints in food factories and warehouses where heavy vehicular trafficking occurs
£37.50 – £105.00 Excl VAT
Flexible Concrete Joint Filler
CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler is a coloured, two pack, pourable, flexibilised Epoxy sealant. The consistency of the mixed sealant allows direct pouring of the sealant into horizontal
joints. CPR 701 is hard and tough enough to protect arris edges from heavy wheel loading, but possesses sufficient flexibility to accommodate a degree of movement (10% of the joint width).
CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler is particularly suitable for filling saw cut joints in long strip floor construction.
- No Primer required
- Excellent adhesion to concrete
- Tough and resilient
- Suitable for wide joints
- Highly resistant to water
- Easy to apply
- Fast curing
- Hygienic and easily cleanable
- Low viscosity
Directions for Use
- When using CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler the joints shall be designed to ensure that concrete movement due to shrinkage and temperature fluctuations does not exceed 10% of the joint width.
- For joints up to 12mm wide, the depth of sealant should be equal to the width.
- For joints over 12mm wide the depth of sealant should not exceed 20mm.
- Joints over 25mm wide are permissible with CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler.
- New concrete floors shall be a minimum of 21 days old.
- Joint surfaces shall be sound, clean and free from laitance, dust and other contaminants.
- Joint arrises are best prepared by grinding or power wirebrushing; ensuring that all spoil and residual dust is removed by blowing with dry, oil free, compressed air.
- De-bonding tape should be used in the base of the joints otherwise a polyethylene foam backing strip should be inserted to the appropriate depth.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- The mixed material may be poured directly into the prepared joints to level.
- Alternatively, CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler may be poured into empty cartridge tubes and gunned into the joints using a sealant gun.
- It may be necessary to top up to level after a few minutes when the sealant has settled into irregularities.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the sealant.
- CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler will have cured sufficiently following 24 hours cure @ 20°C to allow trafficking.
- Full chemical resistance will be achieved following 7 days cure @ 20°C.
- At lower temperatures cure times will be increased.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 701 has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler is supplied in 1ltr, 2ltr and 5ltr packs
- 1 litre pack of CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler is sufficient for 10 linear metres with a 10mm x 10mm joint.
- Colours: Light Grey (BS4800 or RAL colours available on request)
- Pot Life: 1 hour @ 20°C
- Specific Gravity: 1.32
- Shore A hardness: 75
- Movement accommodation factor: 10%
- Chemical Resistance: Very good resistance to dilute mineral acids, alkalis, petrol, oils, milk, citric acid, hydraulic fluid, and hot water.
- Please refer to our technical department for specific advice.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 701 – Flexible Concrete Joint Filler shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
1ltr, 2ltr, 5ltr
Light Grey (RAL 7035)