CPR 800 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy HB
- CPR 800 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy HB is typically used as a waterproof, tough, chemical resistant garage floor paint suitable for domestic and commercial garages, showrooms and transport depots etc.
- Full range of Ral & BS colours are available upon request.
£59.40 – £149.50 Excl VAT
Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy HB
CPR 800 – 2 Pack Epoxy Garage Floor Paint – provides protective and decorative properties to concrete, steel and other substrates. The material is supplied as a two -pack system, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE and CURING AGENT.
After mixing together, an easily applied chemical and abrasion resistant finish is produced. A slip resistant finish may be achieved by broadcasting an appropriate aggregate.
- Solvent free, low odour
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to concrete and steel
- High build
- Tough and durable
- Easily applied
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Slip resistant options
- Range of colours
Direction for Use
Surface Preparations Concrete
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound and existing paint finishes etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar or CPR 702 – Epoxy Bonding Adhesive.
- Block work shall be sealed using CPR 403 – Primer for Concrete Repair Mortars – Epoxy WB.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ for the coating.
Surface Preparation Steel
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish standard. All dust and grease shall be removed prior to coating application. If a delay is likely to occur between blasting and application then it is recommended that a coat of CPR 410 – Metal Primer – Epoxy WB is applied as holding primer to obviate flash rusting.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means until a uniform colour is achieved.
- Apply by brush, roller or airless spray at a nominal rate of 0.25 to 0.3kg/m².
- After a minimum of 14 hours and before a maximum of 48 hours, apply a second coat at the same rate.
- Should a non-slip finish be required, then broadcast an appropriate aggregate such as Quartz, immediately after the first coat.
- Brush off excess aggregate the following day, prior to applying the second coat.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 24 hours @ 20°C prior to light foot traffic access and 48 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular trafficking.
- 7 days cure @ 20°C is recommended prior to exposure to chemicals. Lower temperatures will extend the curing time.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to treat 8.3-10.0 m2 of surface with the recommended two coat treatment, providing an overall d.f.t. of 400-480 microns.
- Pot life @ 20°C: 45 Minutes, @ 10°C: 90 Minutes
- Colours: Grey, Red (BS4800 or RAL colours on request)
- Coverage: 0.25-0.30kg/m²/coat
- Tack free time @ 20°C: 6 hours
- Hard dry time@ 20°C: 10 hours
- Full chemical resistance @ 20°C: 7 days
- Adhesion strength to concrete: 3.9 MPa (concrete failure)
- Adhesion strength to mild steel: >12 MPa
- Excellent resistance to dilute acids, dilute alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, raw sewage etc.
- Please consult our Technical Department for specific advice.
- All products shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- CPR 800 Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy HB has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 800 – Garage Floor Paint – Epoxy HB is supplied in 5kg and 15kg packs
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Black (RAL 9005), Iron Grey ( RAL 7011), Leaf Green ( RAL 6002), Light Grey (RAL 7035), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Signal White (RAL 9003), Silver Grey (Ral 7001), Sky Blue (RAL 5015), Traffic Red (Ral 3020)