CPR 408 – MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer
- CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer has been developed as a primer for damp concrete or other cementitious or masonry substrates.
£40.00 – £112.00 Excl VAT
MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer
CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer has been developed as a primer for damp concrete, being used prior to any of the CPR MMA range of coatings, mortars, and screeds. The product exhibits outstanding adhesion to damp concrete, and the fast curing characteristics allow rapid application of subsequent coatings, mortars or screeds.
CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer is supplied as a three pack material, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE, CATALYST and FILLER components.
- Rapid cure, even at low temperatures
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion to damp concrete
- Impervious to water
- Pre-packed units ready for use
- Easily applied
- Suitable for 7 day old concrete
Directions for Use
Surface Preparation Concrete
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 7 days old.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes, etc.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum grit blasting or mechanical scabbling is recommended to ensure the removal of contaminants and to provide a mechanical ‘key’ for the primer.
- Ensure that no standing water is present on the surface.
- Pour the contents of the Catalyst container into the Base container, add the Filler component, and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means.
- Apply by squeegee to distribute evenly over the floor, and then use a long nap lambswool roller to achieve a nominal application rate of 0.4-0.8kg/m², depending on substrate absorbency.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to applying any other of the CPR MMA product range.
- For temperatures below 5°C contact our Technical Department for advice.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Minimum overcoating interval: 30 minutes @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep containers tightly closed when not in use.
- CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer is supplied in 1kg and 5kg pack
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to prime an area of 6-12m².
- Viscosity: 250 – 400 cps @ 20°C
- Pot life @ 20°C: 8 – 12 minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 10 – 15 minutes
- Colour: Grey
- Adhesion to damp concrete: 3.5MPa (concrete failure)
- Temperature range during application: -30°C* to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -40°C to + 60°C
- Refer to our Technical Department for further advice
- Do not apply to concrete surfaces which have standing water present, or are less than 7 days old.
- The product does not replace the need for a separate damp proof membrane.
- CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer is flammable during application, so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information
- CPR 408 MMA Damp Tolerant Concrete Primer shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical section.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.