CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces
- CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces is typically used as a primer for Asphalt and Tarmac substrates.
£40.00 – £112.00 Excl VAT
MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces
CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces has been developed as a substrate specific primer for Tarmac and Asphalt prior to being used prior to any suitable CPR MMA product.
The product exhibits excellent adhesion to tarmac and asphalt, and the fast curing characteristics allow rapid application of subsequent coatings, mortars or screeds. CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces is supplied as a two pack material, comprising pre-weighed amounts of BASE and CATALYST components.
- Rapid cure, even at low temperatures
- Very flexible
- Very good chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion
- Impervious to water
- Pre-packed units ready for use
- Easily applied
Directions for Use
- New Tarmac shall be allowed to weather for at least 1 month, or until there is no evidence of residual flux oils.
- Tarmac and Asphalt surfaces shall be washed with detergent and water and allowed to dry.
- Extremely smooth Asphalt may require some light texturing by mechanical means.
- Pour the contents of the CATALYST container into the BASE container and thoroughly mix, preferably by mechanical means.
- Apply by squeegee to distribute evenly over the floor, and then use a long nap lambswool roller to achieve a nominal application rate of 0.25-0.30kg/m².
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 1 hour prior to applying any other suitable CPR MMA product.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Minimum overcoating interval: 60 minutes @ 20°C.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use. months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces is supplied in 1kg and 5kg packs
- A 5kg pack is sufficient to prime an area of 15-20m².
- Exceptionally porous surfaces may require a second coat.
- Viscosity: 300 – 400 cps @ 20°C
- Pot life @ 20°C: 10-15 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 20-25 minutes
- Colour: Straw coloured liquid.
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.5MPa (concrete failure)
- Temperature range during application: 5°C to + 35°C
- Temperature range during service: -40°C to + 60°C
- Do not apply to concrete surfaces.
- CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces is flammable during application, so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 409 – MMA Primer for Oil Based Surfaces shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product, please consult our Technical Departments.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.