CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed
- CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed is used as a tough, impervious, chemical resistance floor finish where hygiene and ease of maintenance are important e.g. food and beverage production, hospitals, canteens and kitchens, pharmaceutical plants, laboratories, etc. and in manufacturing industries where a fast return to service and minimal down times are essential.
£156.00 Excl VAT
MMA Self Levelling Screed
CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed has been designed to provide a hard wearing, impervious floor finish which is hygienic and easy to clean. CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed with its combination of attractive finish and excellent resistance to a variety of chemicals, is suitable for a wide range of light industrial environments. The product exhibits very fast curing characteristics allowing a full return to service after 2 hours.
CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed is typically laid at a thickness of 2-4mm. The aesthetic finish may be augmented by incorporating a decorative flake or coloured Quartz broadcast.
- Fast cure and return to service
- Very good chemical resistance
- Hard wearing
- Excellent abrasion resistance
- Hygienic and easily cleaned
- Range of slip resistant finishes possible
- Sound adhesion to concrete and metal substrates
- Easily applied
- Suitable for wet and dry areas
Directions for Use
- Concrete surfaces shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, and existing paint finishes, etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 711 – MMA Concrete Patch Repair Mortar.
- Suitable mechanical treatment, such as vacuum grit blasting, is the preferred treatment prior to application as this ensures a mechanical ‘key’ which will optimise adhesion.
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish Standard and with a medium blast profile.
- All dust shall be removed prior to coating application.
- A coat of CPR 412 – MMA Metal Primer shall be applied as soon as practicable after blasting, in order to obviate the possible occurrence of ‘flash rusting’.
- Concrete surfaces shall be primed with a coat of CPR 406 – MMA Concrete Primer, applied by brush or roller at a nominal rate of 0.3kg/m².
- Long nap lambswool rollers are recommended for primer application.
- Allow primer to cure for a minimum of 40 minutes.
- Steel surfaces shall be primed with CPR 412 – MMA Metal Primer as soon as practicable after blasting.
- CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed is supplied as a three pack material consisting of the Base component, the Catalyst component, and the Filler component.
- Mix the BASE component and the CATALYST component thoroughly by mechanical means and then add the FILLER component, mix thoroughly until a uniform consistency is achieved.
- Pour the mixed material onto the prepared and pre-primed surface, and apply by serrated trowel or screed box to the desired thickness.
- De-aerate the screed by spike rollering.
- Note: Existing joints in the floor must be carried through the screed.
- If a more slip resistant finish should be required, then a suitable aggregate shall be broadcast whilst the screed is still wet and a suitable sealer coat subsequently applied.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – MMA Tool Clean Solvent immediately after use.
- Allow a minimum cure time of 1 hour @ 20°C prior to foot trafficking.
- For optimum chemical resistance, a minimum cure time of 24 hours @ 20°C should be allowed.
- When chemical spillages are anticipated, a two coat application of CPR 907 – MMA Clear Sealer is recommended. (Please refer to separate product data sheet for details)
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures between 10°C and 20°C.
- Adequate ventilation of the storage area should be provided.
- Keep container tightly closed when not in use CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed has a minimum shelf life of 6 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed is supplied in 20kg packs
- A 20kg pack is sufficient to cover an area of 3.6m² at a thickness of 3mm.
- Colour: CPRL standard natural, grey, red (other colours can be supplied upon request)
- Pot life @ 20°C: 15 Minutes
- Pot life @ 10°C: 35 minutes
- Compressive strength: 50MPa
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.6MPa (concrete failure)
- Temperature range during application: -30°C* to + 40°C
- Temperature range during service: -40°C to + 60°C
- Chemical resistance: Excellent resistance to dilute acids and alkalis, oil, petrol, diesel, vegetable oils, and fruit juices.
- For specific advice please consult our Technical Department.
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed will taint food during application, so that all foodstuffs in the immediate vicinity must be removed or properly covered.
Health and Safety
- CPR 709 – MMA Self Levelling Screed is flammable during application, so that adequate safety precautions should be observed.
- Avoid contact of the material with skin and eyes.
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of clean water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Natural (Ral 1001), Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Silver Grey (Ral 7001)