CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar
- CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is used for repairs to spalled or damaged concrete; chemical bunds; bedding pre-cast concrete beams; nosings on expansion joints; floor repairs.
£39.00 – £60.00 Excl VAT
Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar
CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is a high strength, trowel applied, two component Epoxy resin mortar, designed for rapid and permanent repairs to concrete and masonry surfaces. CPR 720 is a blend of Epoxy resin, Polyamine curing agent, graded aggregate and colour pigments. The mixed material is applied to a suitably prepared surface, and quickly cures to form a durable, abrasion and chemical resistant repair.
- Pre-packed units – ready to use
- Fast curing characteristics
- Impact and abrasion resistant
- Frost resistant and impervious to water
- Excellent mechanical properties
- Unaffected by a wide range of acids, and industrial chemicals
- Negligible shrinkage
- High bond strength – no primer required
- Cures under damp, cool conditions
Directions for Use
- Remove all laitance, spalled concrete, grease, oil, dust, and other contaminants by scabbling or bush hammering, to provide a sound, clean, substrate.
- Any exposed reinforcing steel shall be fully exposed by cutting out around its full circumference, and cleaned by Priming.
- Primer not normally required.
- For exceptionally porous surfaces, please contact our Technical Team for specific advice.
- CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is supplied as a two component pack.
- Each component is pre-weighed and ready to mix.
- The contents of the CURING AGENT should be added into that containing the BASE and the two components thoroughly mixed, by spatula or low speed drill/stirrer, or forced action mixer.
- Apply CPR 720 by tamping and trowelling to ensure good compaction and a tight finish.
- The material should not be feather edged.
- Maximum thickness in horizontal applications is 50mm.
- For vertical applications the material may be built up in layers not exceeding 6mm.
- Clean equipment with CPR 201 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the mortar.
Curing & Overcoating
- CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar will have hardened sufficiently after 5-6 hours cure @ 15-20°C to allow full trafficking.
- Longer periods of cure will be necessary at lower temperatures.
- Full mechanical and chemical resistant properties will be achieved after 3 days cure @ 20°C.
- It is preferable to apply a sealer coat if exposure to chemicals is likely.
- Please consult our Technical Team for specific recommendations.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low temperature storage prior to use of the material.
- Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 720 has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar is supplied in 5kg and 10kg packs.
- A 5kg pack of CPR 720 – Self Priming Concrete Patch Repair Mortar yields 2.5 litres of material, sufficient for 0.5m² @ 5mm thickness. (10kg pack pro-rata)
- Colour: Light grey (other colours available upon request)
- Density: 2000kg/m³
- Pot Life: 40 minutes @ 20°C
- Adhesion to concrete: 3.9MPa (concrete failure)
- Compressive Strength: 76MPa
- Taber abrasion resistance: 40mg weight loss (CS17 wheels; 1kg loads, 1000 cycles)
- Maximum Service Temperature: 70°C continuous
- Do not apply to wet or uncured concrete surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 3°C or less.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Any eye contamination must be rapidly irrigated with copious amounts of water, and immediate medical attention sought.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 720 shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect of this product please consult our Technical Team.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Light Grey (RAL 7035)