CPR 605 – Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed
- CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed can be used for Chemical bund linings. Heavy duty, chemical resistant flooring, e.g. chemical and printing works, dye-works, pharmaceutical production etc.
£150.00 Excl VAT
Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed
CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed is a rapid curing, resin rich, three pack Epoxy Screed with exceptional resistance to aggressive acids, solvents and alcohols e.g. 96-99% sulphuric acid, Methyl Ethyl Ketone and Methanol.
CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed is typically applied at thicknesses of between 4mm and 9mm depending upon service conditions and performance requirements. Greater thicknesses may be applied in conditions of exceptional severity (in terms of aggressive chemicals and temperature).
The Screed is is usually applied in conjunction with a separate primer, CPR 414 – Acid Resistant Epoxy Concrete Primer.
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- Tough, durable, non-slip finish
- Abrasion and impact resistant
- Very rapid cure even at low temperatures
- Self Sealing.
Surface Preparation Concrete
- Concrete shall be a minimum of 21 days old and/or the residual moisture content shall be below 6%.
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and free from dust, laitance, grease, oil, curing compound, existing paint finishes, etc.
- Blow holes and defective concrete shall be made good using a proprietary repair compound e.g. CPR 719 – Epoxy Concrete Patch Repair Mortar.
- Suitable mechanical treatment such as vacuum gritblasting, is the preferred treatment prior to application, as this ensures a mechanical “key” for the coating.
Surface Preparation Steel
- Steel surfaces shall be shot blasted or grit blasted to a nominal Sa 2.5 Swedish standard.
- All dust and grease shall be removed prior to coating application.
- Apply a coat of CPR 414 – Acid Resistant Epoxy Concrete primer – Acid Resistant at a nominal rate of 0.25kg/m² and broadcast fine Silica sand at a nominal rate of 1kg/m².
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 4 hours @ 20°C or up to a maximum of 24 hours @ 20°C
- Sweep off excess sand prior to application of CPR 605 Acid Resistant Screed – Self Sealing.
- Pour the contents of the CURING AGENT container into the BASE container and mix thoroughly by spatula or low speed drill/stirrer.
- The mixed resins shall be poured into a forced action mixing vessel, (Creteangle bucket or similar), and the AGGREGATE added steadily whilst the mixer is in motion.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes until a uniform material is achieved.
- Apply the mixed material using screeding bars or screed box, ensuring good compaction, and finish with stainless steel or chemical resistant plastic float.
- As a resin rich screed, CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed is slightly ‘sticky’ during trowel application. Occasional wiping of the trowel with a cloth impregnated with CPR 200 – Tool Clean Solvent will facilitate application.
- Clean equipment with CPR 200 – Tool Clean Solvent prior to curing of the coating.
- Allow to cure for a minimum of 6hours @ 20°C prior to light foot trafficking and 14 hours @ 20° prior to vehicular traffic.
- Allow a minimum cure period of 96 hours @ 20°C prior to exposure to chemicals.
- Curing will be slower at lower temperatures.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Store in dry conditions at temperatures between 10°C and 25°C.
- Avoid low temperature storage prior to use of the material. Do not expose to freezing conditions.
- CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed has a minimum shelf life of 12 months when stored in original, unopened containers in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed is supplied in 25kg packs.
- 1.95m² per pack @ 6mm thickness
- 2.90m² per pack @ 4mm thickness
- Colour: CPRL standard Grey, Red (other colours on request)
- Density: 2.1kg/litre
- Pot Life: 35 minutes @ 20°C
- Compressive strength: 75 MPa
- Flexural strength: 24 MPa
- Temperature range during application: 2°C to 35°C
- Temperature range during service: -20°C to 80°C
- Chemical resistance: excellent resistance to a wide range of industrial chemicals.
- Chemical Resistance guide available on request.
- Do not apply to wet, uncured or contaminated surfaces.
- Do not apply at temperatures of 2°C or less.
- CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed is primarily a functional product, and slight residual trowel marks may remain in the finished surface.
- Discolouration/bleaching of the screed can occur on contact with certain aggressive chemicals. This will not affect the protective properties provided by the product.
Health and Safety
- Wear gloves and goggles.
- Wash off splashes immediately with soap and water.
- Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheet for additional information.
- CPR 605 Self Sealing Acid Resistant Screed shall be applied strictly in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- For specific advice regarding any aspect this product, please consult our Technical Department.
Whilst all reasonable care is taken in compiling technical data on the Company’s products, all recommendations or suggestions regarding the use of such products are made without guarantee, since the conditions of use are beyond the control of the Company.
It is the customer’s responsibility to satisfy himself that each product is fit for the purpose for which he intends to use it, that the actual conditions of use are suitable and that in the light of our continual research and development program the information relating to each product has not been superseded.
Oxide Red (Ral 3009), Silver Grey (Ral 7001)