Sika MonoTop 610 (25kg)
Cementitious Steel Reinforcement Primer & Bonding Bridge
Sika MonoTop® -610 is a one component cementitious, polymer modified primer for reinforcement protection and also a bonding bridge for MonoTop concrete repair mortars.
- Only requires mixing with water
- Active corrosion inhibitors for added protection
- Sprayable by wet spray method
- Adjustable consistency
- Suitable for drinking water contact
£34.20 Excl VAT
Sika MonoTop® 610 may be used to bond MonoTop concrete repair mortars to existing cementitious or steel substrates and provide additional corrosion protection to reinforcement in MonoTop concrete repair mortars especially in areas of low concrete cover and in the presence of chlorides.
APPROVALS / STANDARDSApproved for potable water contact as part of a system Reinforcement corrosion protection according to EN 1504-7(2006) DoP 02 03 02 02 001 0 000001
Chemical BasePortland cement, polymer redispersable powder/liquid, selected aggregates and additives.
Shelf Life12 months from date of production
Storage ConditionsStore properly in original unopened, sealed and undamaged packaging in dry and cool conditions.
DensityFresh mortar density: ~ 2.0 kg/l
System StructureSika MonoTop® -610 is part of the Sika® MonoTop Concrete Repair System
- Sika® MonoTop-612: Hand and wet spray applied repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 614F (25kg) :Flowable Pourable repair mortar
- Sika® MonoTop-615: Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 412N (25kg): Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 630 (25kg): Hand-applied repair mortar
- Sika® MonoTop-620: Smoothing coat
- Sika Ferrogard 903+ (25L): Corrosion inhibitor
Tensile Adhesion Strength
|~ 1.0 – 2.5 N/mm2||~ 1.0 – 2.0 N/mm2|
Mixing RatioWater: Powder: 1:4.13 by volume
- For brush application: 1:4.75 by weight (5.25 litres of water per 25 kg bag)
- For spray application: 1:5 parts by weight, 1:4.35 by volume (5 litres of water per 25 kg bag)
Layer Thickness0.5 mm min. / 1.0 mm max.
Ambient Air Temperature+5°C min. / +30°C max.
Substrate Temperature+5°C min. / +30°C max.
Pot Life~ 90 – 120 minutes (at +20°C)
ConsumptionThis depends on the substrate roughness and thickness of the layer applied. As a guide,
- Reinforcement Coating: ~ 2.0 kg/m2 per coat
- Bonding Primer: ~ 1.5 – 2.0 kg/m2
MIXINGSika MonoTop® -610 can be mixed with a slow speed (< 500 rpm) electric drill mixer. Pour the water in the correct proportion into a suitable mixing container. While stirring slowly, add the powder to the water. Mix thoroughly for at least 3 minutes to the required consistency.
APPLICATIONReinforcement Corrosion Protection/Primer: Apply the first layer approx. 1 mm thick, using a medium-hard brush or spray gun to the cleaned reinforcement. Apply 2nd layer when the first coat is fingernail hard (~2 – 3 hours at +20°C). If the second coat of Sika MonoTop® -610 is allowed to dry prior to repair mortar application, then a fresh coat must be applied. Bonding Primer/Bridge: Apply using a medium-hard brush or spray gun to the prepared substrate. To achieve a good bond, Sika MonoTop® -610 must be applied well into the substrate, filling all pores. Reference shall be made to BS EN1504-10:2003 for specific requirements.
CLEANING OF TOOLSClean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use. Hardened/cured material can only be mechanically removed.