Sika MonoTop 630 (25kg)
Sika MonoTop®-630 Rapid (previously Sika® Rapid Repair Mortar) is a one component fast setting cementitious repair mortar, meeting the requirements of Class R4 of BS EN 1504-3
- Pre-bagged for quality
- Just add water
- High early strength
- Rapid setting
- Contains no chloride admixtures
- Non corrosive to steel
- Can be overcoated
£23.50 Excl VAT
Sika® MonoTop -630
Is a one component, fast setting cementitious repair mortar, meeting the requirements of Class R4 of BS EN 1504-3.
- For repairing all types of structures
- Horizontal and vertical repairs
- Hand applied repairs
- Floor slabs and car park decks
- For exterior and interior use
- In place of R1, R2 & R3 mortars
Sika MonoTop® 630 is part of the Sika® MonoTop Concrete Repair System
- Sika MonoTop® 610 (25kg): Bonding primer and reinforcement coating
- Sika® MonoTop-612: Hand and wet spray applied repair mortar
- Sika® MonoTop-615: Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 412N (25kg): Hand and wet spray applied high build repair mortar
- Sika MonoTop 614F (25kg): Flowable cementitious repair mortar
- Sika® MonoTop-620: Smoothing coat
- Sika Ferrogard 903+ (25L): Corrosion inhibitor
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
Conforms to the requirements of BS EN 1504-3 R4 Classification
Portland cement, selected aggregates and additives.
Store in original unopened, sealed and undamaged packaging in dry and cool conditions
Fresh mortar density: ~ 2.10 kg/l
Soluble Chloride Ion Content
- Chemical Base Portland cement, selected aggregates and additives
- Packaging 25 kg bag
- Appearance / Colour Grey powder
- Shelf Life 6 months
- Storage Conditions Store in original unopened, sealed and undamaged packaging in dry and cool conditions
- Density Fresh mortar density: ~ 2.10 kg/l
- Soluble Chloride Ion Content < 0.007%
- Compressive Strength:
- 1 day ~50 N/mm2
- 7 days ~60 N/mm2
- 28 days ~70 N/mm2
- Modulus of Elasticity in Compression ~30 N/mm2 (EN13412)
- Tensile Adhesion Strength ~2.5 N/mm2 (EN12190)
- Restrained Shrinkage / Expansion ~2.5 N/mm2 (EN12617-4)
~ 2.5 to 3.0 L of water for 25 kg powder
8.0 mm min. / 30 mm max.
Ambient Air Temperature
+5°C min. / +25°C max.
+5°C min. / +25°C max.
~ 15-20 minutes (at +20°C)
This depends on the substrate roughness and thickness of layer applied. As a guide, ~ 2.10 kg/m2/mm.
Sika MonoTop®-630 Rapid can be mixed with a low speed (< 500 rpm) hand drill mixer. In small quantities, Sika MonoTop®-630 Rapid can also be manually mixed. Pour the recommended water in a suitable mixing container. While stirring slowly, add the powder to the water and mix thoroughly at least for 3 minutes, adding additional water during the mixing time if necessary to the maximum specified amount and adjust to the required consistency.
Reinforcement Corrosion Protection Coating:
Where a reinforcement coating is required the application of a repair mortar shall be applied wet on dry onto the reinforcement corrosion protection. Refer to the System Information above for compatible Sika products and refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about the reinforcement corrosion product.
On a well prepared and roughened substrate a bonding primer is generally not required for this product. When a bonding primer is required, refer to the System Information above for compatible Sika products and refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for instructions. A small amount of Sika MonoTop®-630 Rapid can also be mixed slightly wetter than normal and used as a scratch coat to fill any deep cavities or pits in the base of the substrate. Any bonding primer shall be applied on a pre-wet substrate and subsequent application of the scratch coat /repair mortar shall be applied wet on wet onto the bonding primer.
Repair Mortar Application:
Sika MonoTop®-630 Rapid can be applied manually using traditional techniques. Thoroughly pre-wet the prepared substrate a recommended 2 hours before application. Keep the surface wet and do not allow to dry. Before application remove excess water, e.g. with a clean sponge. The surface shall appear a dark matt appearance without glistening and surface pores and pits shall not contain water. When applying first make a scratch coat by firmly scraping the repair mortar over the base of the substrate surface to form a thin layer and fill any deep cavities. Ensure the whole surface to be repaired is covered by the scratch coat. For vertical applications, build up layers from bottom to top by pressing mortar well into the repair area. The surface can be finished according to the surface texture requirements using a float. Do not over-trowel as this may lead to surface cracking.
Protect the fresh mortar immediately from premature drying for a minimum of 3 days using an appropriate curing method e.g. curing compound, moist geotextile membrane, polythene sheet etc. Curing compounds shall not be used when they adversely affect subsequently applied products and systems. Reference shall also be made to BS EN1504-10 for specific requirements.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean all tools and application equipment with water immediately after use. Hardened material can only be mechanically removed.