What Are Resin Bonded Driveway Sealers?
Resin bonded driveway sealers are designed to seal and strengthen concrete, bound resin, pavers, and other surfaces.
There are several types of sealers available from products designed to add a thin water resistant layer to the top of concrete driveways through to stone binding resin, which is designed to be combined with aggregate and create a thick protective layer. Our best selling products include:
CPR 700 is used in combination with decorative aggregate to create an attractive ‘stone carpet’ layer. It is a two-pack product that must be mixed before being applied.
It functions as a highly adaptable sealer, which can be used on top of many surface types including concrete, tarmac, and asphalt. It takes on the look of a loose aggregate driveway but is extremely smooth and does not have any loose stones. The properties of stone bonding resin include:
- Fast curing
- Extremely tough
- Incredible abrasion and impact resistance
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Many types of aggregate available, so you can create a unique look
- Can be applied directly over other solid surfaces (concrete, pavers, old resin driveways etc)
A clear resin sealer which is ideal for epoxy resin-based ‘stone carpets’ and quartz screeds. This is a two-pack sealer that forms an extremely clear glossy finish that is unaffected by UV light. Key properties of our clear resin-bound sealer include:
- Thixotropic consistency (decrease in viscosity when force is applied)
- 100% solvent-free
- Can cure in cool conditions
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Easy to apply thanks to excellent adhesion and fast cure rate
- Create a beautiful clear, glossy film
Benefits Of Using A Resin Bonded Driveway Sealer
There are several benefits to using this type of sealer:
- Extend the lifespan of your driveway
Adding a protective layer above an existing driveway can extend the lifespan of your driveway by decades. This is particularly true when adding resin bound driveways, which can easily be repaired and recoated.
- Secure any loose stones
A resin driveway coating will secure any loose stones on your driveway, creating a smooth and even surface. Not only will this be more attractive, but it will also improve the safety of your driveway.
- Preserves the colour of your driveway
Sealing a driveway will protect it from UV damage, helping it to maintain a rich natural and glossy sheen.
- Stain protection
Driveways tend to be exposed to some nasty substances, including grime, dirt, mould, motor oil, petrol, and rubber tyre marks. Using a resin binder driveway sealer protects your driveway from these substances.
- Protects against water damage
The risk of water penetrating the surface of your driveway is greatly reduced if you use a driveway sealer. You can avoid freeze/thaw damage and substrate water runoff damage.
Get more information on our products Here